7 Ekim 2014 Salı

Literacy Skills

I can say that I wasn’t well-prepared for the demands of academia when I started METU. I had limited knowledge about some of the literacies like text literacy, general literacy, video literacy and computer literacy. However, these literacies weren’t enough for my university education. They were insufficient. For example, our computer teacher taught us to use Microsoft word document to write a paragraph in high school, but he didn’t taught us how to add a chart on it. Fortunately, I have learned more about these skills in METU. Also, I have been taught other literacies which are distance-learning literacy, cyber learning literacy, media literacy, visual literacy, and audio literacy. I haven’t known anything about these literacies, but I learned them thanks to the METU. However, to be honest I still do not know much about distance-learning literacy, cyber learning literacy, and media literacy, but I know what they are. I think I am good at visual literacy because I believe it is God’s gift, but I want to improve my distance-learning literacy and cyber learning literacy because technology develops and I need to cope with it as I will be the teacher of next generation. Therefore, I think the teachers should give more importance to these literacies and teach them more clearly to their students so that they don’t have difficulty like me while using technology.

1 yorum:

  1. Dear Özlem, we are in the same boat. I definitely agree with you. I also enhance myself with different types of literacies. In this way, I made my existence in school more permanent.

    YanıtlaSil